Current Openings at Fidelis Sustainability Distribution
Application Development Director
Employer: Fidelis Sustainability Distribution,
Position/Job Title: Application Development Director
Post Date: Sept 19, 2018 (Wed)
Closing/Removal Date: (post for at least 60 days)
Primary Worksite: Hood River, Hood County, OR
Salary: $108,000 to $122,000 per year
Fidelis is a veteran-owned small business (VOSB) and federally certified by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Fidelis operates as a wholesale vendor and distributor of medical, dental and hospital equipment, IT solutions for health care, and other goods and services to U.S. government agencies under various federal procurement opportunities provided to service disabled veteran-owned and other veteran-owned small businesses.
This position reports directly to the President/CEO. Will manage and oversee the design, development, and implementation of a customized Fidelis end-to- end service delivery platform (SDP) based on the tools, utilities, and architecture of the open-source Apache OFBiz platform for enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and execute the technical roadmap for a customized Fidelis SDP) with Apache OFBiz open source enterprise automation platform that can be configured to build and streamline workflows, automate recurring tasks, and generate reports and analytics for leadership.
- Meet with users, Fidelis executives, and third-party software development service providers to assess technical direction and strategic objective, analyze workflows, establish priorities, and set deadlines for ERP and CRM development activities.
- Develop standards for, and participate in, building fault tolerant and high performing solution architecture to ensure high availability of the Fidelis SDP.
- Review daily SDP logs and reports to detect and resolve recurring slowdowns or errors.
- Negotiate with third-party IT vendors to get the highest level of service for their organization’s technology.
- Plan, align, and review the efforts of third-party IT professionals, including senior level engineers, software architects, and other software development service providers.
- Determine short-and long-term IT personnel needs based on project development activities.
- Develop and monitor IT budget and expenditures as well as how project/department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a closely related field. (U.S. or foreign equivalent master’s degree is acceptable). A U.S. or foreign equivalent bachelor’s degree in the specified or related field of study, followed by at least five years of progressive experience in the specialty field of study will be accepted in lieu of the required master degree.
- At least 2 years of work experience either in the job offered (Computer and Information Systems Manager) or as a Computer Programmer, Computer Systems Analyst, Software Developer, Programmer Analyst, or closely related or similar occupation.
- Experience must include:
(a) Dojo Toolkit, Java 5+, JSP, Servlets, Web Services, Tomcat and Unix;
(b) architecture, application systems design, and integration across multiple IT disciplines, including incident, problem, and change management automation tools;
(c) maintenance of services and metrics, providing post-implementation and ongoing production support, performing post-implementation reviews, and driving RCA (root cause analysis);
(d) customizing and developing applications using Apache OFBiz;
(e) Designing, engineering and deploying enterprise-grade technology products as well as fault-tolerant, scalable solution architectures;
(f) prevention, diagnosis, and resolution of system outages as an expert in the underlying architecture; and
(g) adaptive agile software development methodologies to adapt quickly to changing project realities.
Additional Employee Benefits
Standard employee benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Qualified applicants may mail their application packet to: Fidelis Sustainability Distribution Headquarters, (Attn: Job Application), 204 West Spear St, Ste. 3319, Carson City, NV 89703
The application packet must include the following:
(1) Cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest in the position; and
(2) Current resume or vita, which includes dates of employment.
Job applicant must be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States
Fidelis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status